The Castro Theatre welcomes the Mighty Uke Roadshow tomorrow, Sunday, September 26 at 3pm, featuring the award-winning Mighty Uke Movie, as well as live performances by Uni and Her Ukelele and Ukulele Dick plus special guests. Filmgoers are encouraged to bring their own ukes along to join in a Guinness record-breaking giant ukulele strum-along.
Want to learn to play or improve your ukulele skills? Our next Uke Clinic starts October 5 at Bird.
Our latest newsletter hit in-boxes today, with news on the band sessions, classes and clinics happening this fall at Bird.
- Fall session will feature the music of The Rolling Stones
- Guitar and uke clinics start in September
- Discounted evening rehearsals through Night Bird
- Session bands can now choose to record a music video
- Still a few weeks of summer camps and workshops left
- 3-for-2 yoga special for new members
- Adult band rehearsal Monday evenings
- Preschool music class starts September 14
And much other awesomeness and useful info! Read the whole newsletter here.
Saturday, May 16 from Noon-3pm Bird will be participating in the 2009 Polk Street Merchant’s Fair. We’ll be having a sidewalk music sale (bring your old records/tshirts/memorabilia/etc.), a bench concert (we’re looking for interested students to jam on the curb), and a BBQ, among other things. We want to open up the studio for the students and their families to share what we do and hopefully bring in some interested neighbors. Bring your friends and family and we hope to see you here! www.PolkDistrictMerchants.com »